Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Udon hates sprites or something - Darkstalkers

I would like to welcome all those coming from DeviantArt to our little blog, and now into the meat we go!


Darkstalkers:
Originally when I decided to add Mr. I-am-too-hot for you Vampire, I was going to have him be chased by all the midnight bliss female characters. Instead, for whatever reason I was thinking at the time, I opted for a naked version of him thinking it would be funny.



I like Bulleta (B.B. Hood). She's one of the more interesting character Capcom managed to create. She's so crazy I just love her, and the fact that she ejects landmines from underneath her dress equates to funtimes.




Lin Lin (Mei-Ling) is one of my favorite minor characters, and as such I have always wanted to sprite her. Being the paper portion to Lei Lei (Hsien-Ko) she often times gets overlooked. Being my first choice for the collab I wanted to get her sprite correct and dynamic. The first one that I had thought up was a flying one, but it was to difficult to see what is going on so I went back to square one. After some critiques and revisions, it is the final product you see.


Anita was originally suppose to have a shatter effect with some pixels falling out of place, but I felt it did not worked correctly enough with the glowing Donovan sprite, so instead a photoshopped glow (added in by Kiwi) was placed in for the final piece to complete cohesion of the piece.



It is very difficult to actually do anything remotely funny with Jedah. He's just too damn serious and as such I had to resort to a very cartoony sprite to make it match with the Capcom humor going on with the rest of the pieces. One thing you find early on about spriting is that you have to get pretty clever with pixels to achieve emotions and so it is pretty common for me to adust it from the original sketch!





Thinking I had done enough a very last second sprite was requested by the original spriter due to problems with the their internet. I really did not want to make the entire Phobos (Huitzil) and instead wanted to make him into a copter thing, because in one of his intros he comes in as a car for that homeless kid...yea.


It's a bird, it's a plane, oh wait it's just Pyron. He was a backup just in case the other person could not finish. His sprite was perhaps the easiest of the bunch seeing as he is just a burning fireball entering the atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment