Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Intresting and unusual tutorial

Or at least, I never saw a tutorial for this myself:


In short, this is a tutorial to make a stereogram picture.

What's a stereogram picture?

Mmm... well, it contains 2 images that u have to view crossing your eyes so that the left eye is lookin at the right pic and vice versa, this tricks your brain into seeing a 3rd image in the middle of them. the resulting image will have a distinct feel of depth to it as if it was 3d.

But aren't those 2 images the same?

No, and that's the point of this tutorial. By displacing background and foreground elements, you're creating a sense that the distance between the elements is different. Which is why u need both your eyes in real life to b able to tell how far stuff is.

Why are you posting this?

Who ARE you? get out of my head! ARGH!!!

P.S: I heard that not everyone is able to see stereogram pictures, like Zach. I dunno if it's a physical or mental limitation, but since i can, i wouldn't b able to explain why not.

4 comments:

  1. I'd wager it's due to the "uneven" nature of my vision.My left eye actually works much better than the right, so I probably need to focus differently to make up for the handicap. That, or it's impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME. 3d BEWBS...and possibility gasp other privates!

    I have no problem with the 3d. It was used in Tool's 10,000 Days album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This did nothing, ti's just two pictures together!

    or are you supposed to look at the finished version?

    Is this like the hidden picture crap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you looking at the last picture in the 2nd page?

    ReplyDelete