Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Wii leak

So The New Super Mario Bros Wii game apparently leaked, and i believe the game hasn't officially come out yet.



I gave the game a try, but i'm not playing more of it until Zach gets the game (he pre-ordered it i think) to not make him jealous. So this is pretty much my first impressions without really spoiling anything.

The game gives out a heavy feel of SMB3 to me, i didn't play the recent DS game, but i'm told they're supposed to b similar. there's a multitude of non traditional platforming such as round rotating platforms, regular blocks or other elements that wing back and forth in a pendulum motion.

I enjoyed that there's elements from SMB3, SMW and Yoshi's island, and even a specific element from SMB1 most people don't even remember about. The gameplay is pretty decent, probably not as easy to control as SMB3 or SMW though, but nearly as good.

I'd like to note that i have a huge fucking problem with the Wii gimmick once again though, to use the helicopter hat special skill (no idea what's the actual name of that hat), you have to lift up your Wii mote fast, or shake, i still can't tell. you also have to do that to pick up blocks, and it's extremely non intuitive especially on the later case. There so is no need for that fucking gimmick here since it's only replacing a button really, I'd much rather use B myself if i could.

Still, that unpleasant control thing aside, there's tons of familiar and new elements to the Mario series in this game. i got up to world 6, and i noticed since world 1 that each world has a canon in them, that i couldn't unlock a path to, so dunno what's that' about. also each level has 3 star coins in them, so I'm getting that nagging felling this game is gonna force me to collect all of those.

I am looking forward to play it again, but I'm gonna wait til Zach gets it. I can't really recommend it cause i haven't beaten it yet, but what i seen so far, i like it, difficulty seems just right, it's really not dead easy which is good. Lives are way too easy to get, but i had 67 lives before world 5, and I'm down to 54 at the beginning of world 6, so you might actually need those lives for the last world.

No comments:

Post a Comment