Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

An interesting read about Starcraft 2

For some reason, I'm always interested in analysis of games and companies who make them, and the good or bad decisions they make that really ruin the game or make it a masterpiece.

I loved Warcraft 3, and used to play it WAY too much. I don't think that in my lifetime I'll get to ever enjoy something as fun and involving as playing a full game of the official Footmen Frenzy.

Warcraft is pretty much dead now, Blizzard/Activision killed it, so my only hope was Startcraft 2 even though I'm not a fan of space themes.



I mentioned in the past that blizzard is selling us (europeans) Starcraft 2 for 72 dollars or so. (and that their tech support is disorganized as fuck.)

I still planned on getting it eventually.

But today i ran into this: Battle.net 2.0: The Antithesis of Consumer Confidence

I didn't know of lot of the facts listed in that article, and about how fucking awful battle.net 2.0 was. This literally nullifies my interest in the game, there's literally no reason I'd want to play it now.

It's kind of amazing: You got this great game, it looks awesome and plays well, but you won't let people enjoy it as they want to, so what's the use?

I guess it's better I found out about it now then after purchasing it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment