Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Morabu & Mandragora




I already talked about Morabu before, but here's a slightly nicer picture of one. Or maybe it's slightly worse. I never really trust remaking a pic. I...have a bad track record in that regard.

Mandragora in most fiction are based on the mandrake root, or at least named for the stories about it, and just being a generic plant monster. Some works tend to depict them as being strangely adorable, despite being based on a plant that supposedly screams when pulled from the ground and kills anyone in earshot. This is, unfortunately, often coupled with an annoying voice that makes you hate the crap out of them: "I'm a GAAAAWNER".

I pictured my own crop of them being nervous and generally docile, and easy to frighten. The yelps and screams from the main, cutesy face are just harmless and cute. Harass them enough, though, and that imposing flytrap on their head is gonna start doing it, and that's when it becomes an actual threat. Oh yeah, it bites too. HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment