Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I called it! Also, a sprite map


Bam!

This is so bad for my ego, cause I'm gonna act all high and mighty now. Seriously though, neat article that kinda goes into points I attempted to explain when I wrote my article of Ultima IV.

The article does single out Ultima IV in a few parts, and even calls it "The most important title of the series". Ultima IV being one of the most important games ever is arguable, but it makes me happy as fuck that once in a while magazines, reviewers and sites refer to it as highly as strongly as I do.



Just so it doesn't look like I made this post entirely to brag, and before I start calling people plebs, here's something I did a while back:



Click it cause it's pretty big.

Now I'm gonna ramble on about it because Ultima IV makes my dick hard.

This is a map of Britain, the city dedicated to the virtue of Compassion. The profession associated with compassion is bard, so if you roll a bard it's where you'll start the game.

It's extremely close to Lord British's castle, so that makes it a rather good starting point. If you aren't playing as a bard, you may ask Iolo the bard to join your party providing your compassion level is high enough.

The map has the color limitation the original Sega Master System game has, and all the tiles are based on the tiles from it.

There's really no reason I made this other than I just like Ultima IV. I made this in early December, but haven't posted it anywhere til now because it's only "neat" to you if you played the game.

Btw, this is how the town looks in the original PC game:



Not hard to see why I like the master system version better.

No comments:

Post a Comment