Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bat Brat


I think when Rouge was introduced it was a pretty good sign that Sega wasn't taking the Sonic series in a good direction. And by that I mean a character that boasts "sex appeal" as a defining characteristic in an all-ages game. The manual even uses the words in her profile. That being said, I like her jazzy, loungey themes; they really suit her look and personality, unlike, say, Knuckles' themes (which I like for an entirely different reason).

I'd bring up her SA2 jiggle physics, but something tells me it was either some sort of programming oversight, or just some jackass/furry programmer who thought it'd be funny. I say the former because, and a lot of people overlook this, but a LOT of things on the playable characters jiggle in SA2. Like Sonic and Knuckles' quills, or Rouge's wings and ears (ESPECIALLY her ears). I think it was just an effort to make the characters seem more organic with the limits of Dreamcast technology.

I might continue this... uh, series, I guess. I'd have to decide who to do next, though.

1 comment: