Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

What if i had a game?

If i had a game, it would most likely b a platformer. why? they're easy to sprite for, u can make a simple story for them, and u're all set.

With that in mind, and out of mutual boredom, i pocked Zach to doodle concept art of what my character would look like as a platformer hero.

This was originally intended to become sprites to b used for a game engine a friend was developing, however, as i predicted he gave up on it (what i didn't predict was that it's because he accidentally deleted the project while formatting and reinstalling his computer).

I considered making a Super Mario World hack, but 2 problems with that: the tools are really hard to use (as all hack/modding programs, seriously, put some work into those u damn halfassed programmers), and the sprite size and palette are really limiting. I know it's old school, but honestly, Mario has only 3 frames in his walk or run animation 1 of them being his stand frame.

the original sprite for his run never looked right to me, I'd never b able to pull out something I'd settle with. Just doing the run animation drove me crazy, and on top of that, i was pretty sure i wasn't gonna b patient enough to put up with the previously mentioned tools to figure them out and insert sprites into a ROM.

1 comment:

  1. I still think it's a tad how disturbing these are to the original artwork, especially considering I did them purely from memory.

    ReplyDelete