Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Game review (Quickie): Sonic & Sega all stars racing

Around a week ago, i was really bored, nothing to do. I had heard about this game and on a whim, i decided to try it. I was fairly sure it would suck, but was curious to see how much it would suck. I basicly had it set on my mind this wasn't going to b a good game.

Boy, was i ever wrong...



Over the last few years i was under the impression SEGA was just making rushed games and getting them out on the market as fast as possible, and that their gameplay was in general quite bad.

This game was a nice surprise...

Inevitably, This game has to b compared to Mario Kart Wii, since the Mario Kart series are pretty much the reference when it comes to racing games.

Down to the point, what really impressed me with this game is the gameplay, it's very very good and easy to pick up, and i dare say maybe a little better than Mario Kart Wii. It's actually enjoyable to just start a time trial on a track and just drive on and on for 10-20 mins.



It could b just me, but i think there's 3 types of vehicles in the game that handle differently: 2 wheel, 4 wheel, hovering. I haven't checked FAQs or anything, but i think they're different.

Visually, The game is so colorful, full of SEGA themed tracks, it's really nice to look at, the music is from SEGA games too, so there's good stuff in there, Characters... well, i wish there were much less sonic characters there to b honest. Seeing Opa Opa and Alex Kidd in a videogame again sure feels strange though.

So yea, I was really surprised by this game, It's almost a shame u can unlock characters so quickly and by any order u like (you buy them with money earned in gameplay). I kinda of enjoyed the mission mode.


I wish this had multiplayer online, as far as i know it doesn't. Maybe the Wii version does, I'll have to look that up.

Anyway this is a total "Do Want!", i had fun playing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment