Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Three Little Pigs



Aha! First pic of the year!...that I did last year but didn't finish.

I've been getting sorta jaded about doodling lately. I'm just really getting the feeling that people would just prefer I drew the way other people do, and that really doesn't make me feel like drawing. There's also the little issue with how indulging in drawing something for personal reasons tends to result in getting yelled at for not doing it for somebody else. And if that's what's gonna happen, I'd rather not do anything, you know?

Sorry for the rant, but I thought I'd vent instead of keeping it to myself. You can go ahead and ignore it, because I'm sure nobody cares.

3 comments:

  1. It's possible: there are people who like things to be from the exact same mold from something they found enjoyable before another's work.

    I find that boring; a personal touch, a little fun, is what makes even a casual sketch enjoyable. Do for self before others, because others will always be apical, on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do for self before others" doesn't apply when it's a commission though, which is the problem I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good point; that thought didn't cross my mind, as embarrassing as it is to admit coming from me.

    ReplyDelete