Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So... It's a town defense then?

Warcraft 3 was a wonderful game to make up custom maps with original rules in them, such as tower defense, assault maps, stronghold, survival, etc.

A lot of these ideas would make good game by themselves, the most popular being tower defense type games, followed closely by DotA clones.

Well, that's kinda what the new TF2 mode is going to be: A town defense mode.



I was already comparing the new mode to killing floor yesterday, but today it's quite clear it's meant more as a town defense than a survival (although both are very similar modes).

It's got an item shop, you can buy upgrades, waves of enemies with bosses. Sounds like a town defense in FPS form to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's gonna be bad, but I had hopes for 3rd team gameplay. It IS nice to hear of a new mode, and heck, even Bitten is considering playing TF2 just for that mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment