Pages

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Misc Valve news

Still trading on TF2, it's been... an annoying experience but it got me a few hats and items i wanted.



The big news is L4D though, the new DLC "The sacrifice" came out. and the DLC itself is disappointing as usual, the community makes way better.


Game is FINALLY worth the price they're asking for, if u didn't have it til now, grab it!

The new DLC is 2 new maps plus a recycled one, the concept of having a guy sacrifice himself for the team is ok i guess.

What's fun is the "Tank" mutation where every special infect is a tank, the game then becomes a "running of the bulls" type of event, it's actually really fun. This however has nothing to do with the DLC.

This DLC was a huge pain before we even got it:



Who the hell makes a 11.5 gb update? it's like they practically replaced the entire game! oh wait, THEY DID!

Their servers were DYING every 10 mins too, and i had to delete shit on my drive for this crap to fit!

Surprisingly, the feedback on the steam forums seemed to favor L4D1's version of "the sacrifice" over L4D2's. and in fact, if u remove the very annoying special infected L4D2 has, and the "too bright" settings, sounds and music, it's a much nicer game. Also somehow seems to have less bugs...



On L4D2, on both "No Mercy" and "The Sacrifice" Zoey is randomly invisible (Zach can confirmed that it's happened to him too).

This new DLC only reminds me how little i think of Valve's L4D team. Also am i the only one to get randomly weird ass square smoke in L4D2?



Anyway, there's also good new for TF2 players:



And u can get L4D1 + L4d2 for less than 10 bucks. Personally, I've spent more on worse. Seeing as TF2 is a hat driven game, it's a decent deal.

As a side note, I like this Whitaker guy:

While I do not understand the machinations of this skillet and hat scheme, I do know that if you purchase the said game Left 4 Dead 2, it will reward you with a free hat from my friend Ellis and a handy skillet to fry yours or more importantly your enemy’s bacon. These items all manifest themselves in some infernal game called TeamFortress2 which I have no understandin’ of but my good friends what I do know is these items know no class, color, weight or gender. They work for all peoples.

You can read his entire rant here. I find him pretty amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment