Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A small note

First of all, it's been brought to my attention that some people visit the blog but do not comment on it because they don't want to make a "blogger" account. There's no such thing as a blogger account, it's a Google account (if you have gmail you have one), also u can use a Wordpress/Livejournal/Typepad/AIM/OpenID account to post comments here.

Anyway.

Yesterday i was playing Dead Rising 2 when i suddenly got a blue screen of death, mostly my bad, was forcing the game to run windowed with an app that confused my nvidia drivers (note to self, might want to update those...).


I now have 3 dead drives, i wonder if i could make one of these...

However, when i restarted, my 2nd hard drive started making a loud scary noise, the "I'm-gonna-stop-working-soon-and-u're-gonna-lose-all-ur-crap!" kind of noise.

I'm gonna get myself a 1 Tb external drive and backup all my shit, and then run some tests on the drive.

With that, i got a question.

Does anyone know of software that would auto copy/update stuff from my computer to the external drive, like, once a day? I've had 2 hard drive failures in the past that made me lose way too much of my work, i still remember the deep state of shock and disbelief. If it happened to you before, u know exactly what i mean.



There's a slight chance however that later today my computer will b down, and since the Oekaki has been getting some use, and since it is hosted on my computer, I thought i'd let ya guys know that today isn't the best day to doodle on it.

Should b fine by the 11th though (which also happens to b Bliss' anniversary).

With that said, anyone know where i can get hosting for an Oekaki and Wiki with no ads or content restrictions? Reinstalling my computer is always an issue, but the hardest part to reinstall is the local server to host the Oekaki. And the current Wiki is plagued with ads that are just shitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment